2 Definitions of Information, etc. and Content of Provided Information
(1) “Personal Information” refers to information about a living individual from which a specific individual can be identified from the name, date of birth and/or other descriptions included within that information. It also includes information that can be readily collated with other information and thereby identify a specific individual as well as information containing an individual identification code.
(2) “Personal Information, etc.” collectively refers to Personal Information and information such as e-mail addresses, passwords and the like used in connection with a specific individual. It does not include information such as statistical data that has been processed in a manner so that it cannot identify a specific individual.
(3) “Behavioral History Information” refers to information used to analyze your interests and preferences from your operation history and advertising viewing history when using our Services including the information defined in “2. Content of Provided Information (2) Service usage information”. Behavioral history information is information that cannot identify a specific individual.
(4) “Personal Information Requiring Special Care” refers to Personal Information consisting of an individual’s race, creed, social status, medical history, criminal record, fact of having suffered damage by a crime, or other descriptions, etc. prescribed by cabinet order as requiring special care so as not to cause unfair discrimination, prejudice or other disadvantage to the individual.
2. Content of Provided Information
(1) Profile information and posted content
We will acquire profile information (a display name, icon image and message, etc. for use on our Services), your name and date of birth, etc. to facilitate your smooth utilization of our Services and communication with other Service users, etc. Your profile information for display when using our Services as well as the other information that you have registered or posted in order to make public to other users (posted content such as text, images and video, etc.) can be viewed by other users. Registration is optional, but please note that you may be unable to use our Services in whole or in part without registering.
(2) Service usage information
② We analyze your user environment information such as your IP address, browser type and browser language, etc. when using our Services in order to provide you with better service and to prevent any fraud which interferes with the normal provision of services.
③ We use location information sent from your mobile device, etc. for some Service functions. When you use a service, your location information is used within the scope necessary for that service. Your location information will not be transmitted if you have disabled location services on your mobile device.
④ We may acquire your device information (OS, individual identification no., computer name, etc.) in order to provide you with better service, for identify verification, and to prevent any fraud which interferes with the normal provision of services.
⑤ We may acquire the following information in connection with shopping services due to the nature of those services
・Your name, address, phone number, e-mail, company/organization name, department and/or job title, office location, other contact information, nickname, date of birth, gender and any other information that you have provided.
・In the case you have been designated as a recipient of gifts by another user: information such as your name, address, phone number, e-mail, company/organization name, department and/or job title, office location and other contact information that has been provided to us.
3 Purpose of Use of Information
We will use your Personal Information, etc. and Behavioral History Information only for the following purposes
(1) For the provision of our Services
(2) To provide support including responding to inquiries
(3) To conduct questionnaires and create statistical materials for product and sales planning based on the responses to those questionnaires
(4) To e-mail you about our Services and to e-mail you information about campaigns
(5) To e-mail you advertising information related to our Services or advertising and the like from businesses other than our company
(6) To advertise our company by displaying content you have posted on our official social media accounts (Facebook, Twitter, etc.) and/or using such content in our advertising media such as banner advertisements, leaflets and posters
(7) To send you merchandise, gifts and prizes, etc.
(8) For any other purpose that you have separately agreed to.
4 Security Measures
We will take reasonable personnel/physical safety measures and corrective measures against the risk of unauthorized access to Personal Information, etc. and Behavioral History Information and the loss, destruction, damage, tampering and leakage, etc. of such information.
5 Disclosure and Provision of Information to Third Parties
We will never disclose or provide your Personal Information, etc. and Personal Information Requiring Special Care to any third party (with the exception of disclosure or provision to parties to whom we have entrusted the handling of Personal Information, etc. in whole or in part within the scope necessary to achieve the purpose of use of the Personal Information, etc.) except under the following circumstances. Please note that when entrusting the handling of Personal Information, etc. to a third party in whole or in part, we select only contractors who can provide an adequate level of protection in accordance with our selection criteria.
(1) When necessary to comply with legal obligations.
(2) When we have been subjected to a demand for provision or disclosure from the courts, the public prosecutor’s office, the police, a bar association, the National Consumer Affairs Center of Japan or any other organization or individual analogous thereto or based on laws and regulations.
(3) When deemed necessary in order to protect the life, body, property or reputation of our company, the public and/or other Service users, or on other reasonable grounds.
(4) Provision to our lawyers and other persons who owe statutory obligations of confidentiality within the scope necessary for our business.
(5) When you have otherwise provided your consent.
6 Correction of Personal Information, etc.
We will promptly respond to any request you have made to correct your Personal Information, etc. on reasonable grounds.
7 Deletion of Personal Information, etc.
If you have requested that we delete or cease using your Personal Information, etc. on the following grounds, we will promptly conduct an investigation and take measures such as ceasing use of your Personal Information based on the outcome of our investigation. If there are other appropriate means of protecting your rights other than deleting or ceasing the use of your Personal Information, etc., then we may choose to take those measures at our discretion. We will notify you to that effect in this case.
(1) When your Personal Information, etc. is being used beyond the scope of the purpose of use you had agreed to in advance
(2) When your Personal Information, etc. was illegally or fraudulently provided to us
(3) Any other grounds analogous to each of the preceding
8 Continuous Improvement
3-1-10 Tsukiji, Chuo-Ku, Tokyo 104-0045
To the attention of the Rec Loc Personal Information Protection Officer
Enacted on December 10, 2018
Revised on –